An SCU conveys the following semantics with a C-MOVE request:
– If the Retrieve Level (0000,0052) is IMAGE, the SCU shall specify one SOP Instance UID or a list of SOP Instance UIDs.
– If the Retrieve Level (0000,0052) is FRAME, the SCU shall specify the single SOP Instance UID of the item from which the new Composite SOP Instance should be extracted and the requested Frame List. The Requested Frame List shall be constructed as defined in Y.3.2.
– The SCU shall accept C-MOVE responses with status equal to Pending during the processing of the C-STORE sub-operations. These responses indicate the number of Remaining, Completed, Failed and Warning C-STORE sub-operations.
– The SCU shall interpret a C-MOVE response with a status equal to Success, Warning, Failure, or Refused as a final response. The final response indicates the number of Completed sub-operations and the number of Failed C-STORE sub-operations resulting from the C-MOVE operation. The SCU shall interpret a status of:
Success to indicate that all sub-operations were successfully completed
Failure or Refused to indicate all sub-operations were unsuccessful
Warning in all other cases. The Number of Completed Sub-Operations (0000,1021), Number of Warning Sub-Operations (0000,1023), Number of Failed Sub-Operations (0000,1022) can be used to obtain more detailed information.
– The SCU may cancel the C-MOVE operation by issuing a C-MOVE-CANCEL request at any time during the processing of the C-MOVE request. A C-MOVE response with a status of Canceled shall indicate to the SCU that the retrieve was canceled. Optionally, the C-MOVE response with a status of Canceled shall indicate the number of Completed, Failed, and Warning C-STORE sub-operations. If present, the Remaining sub-operations count shall contain the number of C-STORE sub-operations that were not initiated due to the C-MOVE-CANCEL request.
Note: For FRAME level C-MOVE operations, the application receiving the C-STORE sub-operations will receive a new SOP Instance with a different SOP Instance UID from the one included in the C-MOVE request. If it is required to link the received instance to the request, then it may be necessary to inspect the Frame Extraction Sequence of the instance received, to compare the original Instance UID and Requested Frame List to those in the request.