DD.3.2.1 N-CREATE AND N-SET

The N-CREATE is used to create an instance of the applicable Machine Verification SOP Class.

The N-SET is used to communicate parameters for verification to an MPV by setting attributes on an instance of the applicable Machine Verification SOP Class.

All attributes in the table relating to the number of a certain item (e.g. Number of Wedges, Number of Control Points) specify the number in the N-SET command. The numbering in the Beams Verification Request is not necessarily the same as the numbering in the referenced RT Plan.

DD.3.2.1.1 Attributes

The attribute list of the N-CREATE and N-SET for the RT Conventional Machine Verification SOP Class is shown in Table DD.3.2.1-1. See Section 5.4 for usage notation.

Table DD.3.2.1-1

N-CREATE AND N-SET ATTRIBUTE LIST – RT CONVENTIONAL MACHINE VERIFICATION SOP CLASS

Attribute Name Tag N-CREATE Usage SCU/SCP N-SET Usage SCU/SCP
RT General Machine Verification Module
Referenced RT Plan Sequence (300C,0002) 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted) Not allowed
>Referenced SOP Class UID (0008,1150) 1/1 Not allowed
>Referenced SOP Instance UID (0008,1155) 1/1 Not allowed
Referenced Fraction Group Number (300C,0022) 1C/1 (required if plan has more than one fraction group) Not allowed
Patient ID (0010,0020) 1/1 Not allowed
Include ‘Issuer of Patient ID Macro’ DICOM Supplement 96 Table UUU.2.5-2e
Treatment Verification Status (3008,002C) Not allowed Not allowed
Failed Parameters Sequence (0074,1048) Not allowed Not allowed
Overridden Parameters Sequence (0074,104A) Not allowed Not allowed
General Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1042) 2/2 (sequence shall contain zero items) 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted)
>Specified Primary Meterset (3008,0032) -/- 3/3
>Specified Secondary Meterset (3008,0033) -/- 3/3
>Specified Treatment Time (3008,003A) -/- 3/3
>Beam Limiting Device Leaf Pairs Sequence (3008,00A0) -/- 3/3
>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) -/- 1/1
>>Number of Leaf/Jaw Pairs (300A,00BC) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Wedge Sequence (3008,00B0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying wedges). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Wedge Number (300A,00D2) -/- 1/1
>>Wedge ID (300A,00D4) -/- 3/3
>>Wedge Angle (300A,00D5) -/- 3/3
>>Wedge Orientation (300A,00D8) -/- 3/3
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>Recorded Compensator Sequence (3008,00C0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying compensators). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Compensator ID (300A,00E5) -/- 3/3
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Compensator Number (300C,00D0) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Block Sequence (3008,00D0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying blocks). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Block Tray ID (300A,00F5) -/- 3/3
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Block Number (300C,00E0) -/- 1/1
>Treatment Machine Name (300A,00B2) -/- 1/1
>Beam Name (300A,00C2) -/- 3/3
>Radiation Type (300A,00C6) -/- 1/1
>Number of Wedges (300A,00D0) -/- 1/1
>Number of Compensators (300A,00E0) -/- 1/1
>Number of Boli (300A,00ED) -/- 1/1
>Number of Blocks (300A,00F0) -/- 1/1
>Applicator Sequence (300A,0107) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying applicators). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Applicator ID (300A,0108) -/- 3/3
>>Applicator Type (300A,0109) -/- 1/1
>Number of Control Points (300A,0110) -/- 1/1 (value shall be 1)
>Patient Setup Sequence (300A,0180) -/- 3/3 (one or more Items may be included)
>>Patient Setup Number (300A,0182) -/- 1/1
>>Fixation Device Sequence (300A,0190) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying fixation devices). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>>Fixation Device Type (300A,0192) -/- 1/1
>Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006) -/- 1/1
>Referenced Bolus Sequence (300C,00B0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying bolus). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Referenced ROI Number (3006,0084) -/- 1/1
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
All other attributes in RT General Machine Verification Module - -/- 3/3
RT Conventional Machine Verification Module
Conventional Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1044) 2/2 (sequence shall contain zero items) 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted)
>Conventional Control Point Verification Sequence (0074,104C) -/- 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted)
>>Nominal Beam Energy (300A,0114) -/- 3/3
>>Dose Rate Set (300A,0115) -/- 3/3
>>Wedge Position Sequence (300A,0116) -/- 1C/1C (required if Number of Wedges (300A,00D0) is non-zero, one or more Items may be included)
>>>Wedge Position (300A,0118) -/- 1/1
>>>Referenced Wedge Number (300C,00C0) -/- 1/1
>>Beam Limiting Device Position Sequence (300A,011A) -/- 1C/1C (required if Beam Limiting Device Leaf Pairs Sequence (3008,00A0) is sent, one or more Items may be included)
>>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) -/- 1/1
>>>Leaf/Jaw Positions (300A,011C) -/- 1/1
>>Gantry Angle (300A,011E) -/- 3/3
>>Gantry Rotation Direction (300A,011F) -/- 2/2
>>Beam Limiting Device Angle (300A,0120) -/- 3/3
>>Beam Limiting Device Rotation Direction (300A,0121) -/- 3/3
>>Patient Support Angle (300A,0122) -/- 3/3
>>Patient Support Rotation Direction (300A,0123) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Eccentric Axis Distance (300A,0124) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Eccentric Angle (300A,0125) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Eccentric Rotation Direction (300A,0126) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Vertical Position (300A,0128) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Longitudinal Position (300A,0129) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Lateral Position (300A,012A) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Pitch Angle (300A,0140) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Pitch Rotation Direction (300A,0142) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Roll Angle (300A,0144) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Roll Rotation Direction (300A,0146) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Control Point Index (300C,00F0) -/- 1/1
All other attributes in RT Conventional Machine Verification Module - -/- 3/3

The attribute list of the N-CREATE and N-SET for the RT Ion Machine Verification SOP Class is shown in Table DD.3.2.1-2.

Table DD.3.2.1-2

N-CREATE AND N-SET ATTRIBUTE LIST – RT ION MACHINE VERIFICATION SOP CLASS

Attribute Name Tag N-CREATE Usage SCU/SCP N-SET Usage SCU/SCP
RT General Machine Verification Module
Referenced RT Plan Sequence (300C,0002) 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted) Not allowed
>Referenced SOP Class UID (0008,1150) 1/1 Not allowed
>Referenced SOP Instance UID (0008,1155) 1/1 Not allowed
Referenced Fraction Group Number (300C,0022) 1C/1 (required if plan has more than one fraction group) Not allowed
Patient ID (0010,0020) 1/1 Not allowed
Include ‘Issuer of Patient ID Macro’ DICOM Supplement 96 Table UUU.2.5-2e
Treatment Verification Status (3008,002C) Not allowed Not allowed
Failed Parameters Sequence (0074,1048) Not allowed Not allowed
Overridden Parameters Sequence (0074,104A) Not allowed Not allowed
General Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1042) 2/2 (sequence shall contain zero items) 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted)
>Specified Primary Meterset (3008,0032) -/- 3/3
>Specified Secondary Meterset (3008,0033) -/- 3/3
>Specified Treatment Time (3008,003A) -/- 3/3
>Beam Limiting Device Leaf Pairs Sequence (3008,00A0) -/- 3/3 See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) -/- 1/1
>>Number of Leaf/Jaw Pairs (300A,00BC) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Wedge Sequence (3008,00B0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying wedges). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Wedge Number (300A,00D2) -/- 1/1
>>Wedge ID (300A,00D4) -/- 3/3
>>Wedge Angle (300A,00D5) -/- 3/3
>>Wedge Orientation (300A,00D8) -/- 3/3
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>Recorded Compensator Sequence (3008,00C0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying compensators). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Compensator ID (300A,00E5) -/- 3/3
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Compensator Number (300C,00D0) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Block Sequence (3008,00D0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying blocks). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Block Tray ID (300A,00F5) -/- 3/3
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Block Number (300C,00E0) -/- 1/1
>Treatment Machine Name (300A,00B2) -/- 1/1
>Beam Name (300A,00C2) -/- 3/3
>Radiation Type (300A,00C6) -/- 1/1
>Number of Wedges (300A,00D0) -/- 1/1
>Number of Compensators (300A,00E0) -/- 1/1
>Number of Boli (300A,00ED) -/- 1/1
>Number of Blocks (300A,00F0) -/- 1/1
>Applicator Sequence (300A,0107) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying applicators). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Applicator ID (300A,0108) -/- 3/3
>>Applicator Type (300A,0109) -/- 1/1
>Number of Control Points (300A,0110) -/- 1/1 (value shall be 1)
>Patient Setup Sequence (300A,0180) -/- 3/3 See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Patient Setup Number (300A,0182) -/- 1/1
>>Fixation Device Sequence (300A,0190) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying fixation devices). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>>Fixation Device Type (300A,0192) -/- 1/1
>Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006) -/- 1/1
>Referenced Bolus Sequence (300C,00B0) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying bolus). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Referenced ROI Number (3006,0084) -/- 1/1
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
All other attributes in RT General Machine Verification Module - -/- 3/3
RT Ion Machine Verification Module
Ion Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1046) 2/2 (sequence shall contain zero items) 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted)
>Ion Control Point Verification Sequence (0074,104E) -/- 1/1 (only a single Item shall be permitted)
>>Meterset Rate Set (3008,0045) -/- 3/3
>>Nominal Beam Energy (300A,0114) -/- 3/3
>>Beam Limiting Device Position Sequence (300A,011A) -/- 1C/1C (required if Beam Limiting Device Leaf Pairs Sequence (3008,00A0) is sent, one or more Items may be included)
>>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) -/- 1/1
>>>Leaf/Jaw Positions (300A,011C) -/- 1/1
>>Gantry Angle (300A,011E) -/- 3/3
>>Gantry Rotation Direction (300A,011F) -/- 2/2
>>Beam Limiting Device Angle (300A,0120) -/- 3/3
>>Beam Limiting Device Rotation Direction (300A,0121) -/- 3/3
>>Patient Support Angle (300A,0122) -/- 3/3
>>Patient Support Rotation Direction (300A,0123) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Vertical Position (300A,0128) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Longitudinal Position (300A,0129) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Lateral Position (300A,012A) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Pitch Angle (300A,0140) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Pitch Rotation Direction (300A,0142) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Roll Angle (300A,0144) -/- 3/3
>>Table Top Roll Rotation Direction (300A,0146) -/- 3/3
>>Head Fixation Angle (300A,0148) -/- 3/3
>>Gantry Pitch Angle (300A,014A) -/- 3/3
>>Gantry Pitch Rotation Direction (300A,014C) -/- 3/3
>>Snout Position (300A,030D) -/- 3/3
>>Range Shifter Settings Sequence (300A,0360) -/- 1C/1C (required if Number of Range Shifters (300A,0312) is non-zero, one or more Items may be included)
>>>Range Shifter Setting (300A,0362) -/- 1/1
>>>Referenced Range Shifter Number (300C,0100) -/- 1/1
>>Lateral Spreading Device Settings Sequence (300A,0370) -/- 1C/1C (required if Number of Lateral Spreading Devices (300A,0330) is non-zero, one or more Items may be included)
>>>Lateral Spreading Device Setting (300A,0372) -/- 1/1
>>>Referenced Lateral Spreading Device Number (300C,0102) -/- 1/1
>>Range Modulator Settings Sequence (300A,0380) -/- 1C/1C (required if Number of Range Modulators (300A,0340) is non-zero, one or more Items may be included)
>>>Range Modulator Gating Start Value (300A,0382) -/- 1/1
>>>Range Modulator Gating Stop Value (300A,0384) -/- 1/1
>>>Referenced Range Modulator Number (300C,0104) -/- 1/1
>>Ion Wedge Position Sequence (300A,03AC) -/- 1C/1C (required if Number of Wedges (300A,00D0) is non-zero, one or more Items may be included)
>>>Wedge Thin Edge Position (300A,00DB) -/- 1C/1C (required if Wedge Type (300A,00D3) of the wedge referenced by Referenced Wedge Number (300C,00C0) is PARTIAL_STANDARD or PARTIAL_MOTORIZ)
>>>Wedge Position (300A,0118) -/- 1/1
>>Referenced Control Point Index (300C,00F0) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Snout Sequence (3008,00F0) -/- 1C/1C (required if Snout Sequence is included in the RT Ion Plan referenced within the Referenced RT Plan Sequence (300C,0002); only a single Item is permitted in this sequence)
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Snout ID (300A,030F) -/- 3/3
>Recorded Range Shifter Sequence (3008,00F2) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying range shifters). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Range Shifter ID (300A,0318) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Range Shifter Number (300C,0100) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Lateral Spreading Device Sequence (3008,00F4) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying lateral spreading devices). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Lateral Spreading Device ID (300A,0336) -/- 3/3
>>Referenced Lateral Spreading Device Number (300C,0102) -/- 1/1
>Recorded Range Modulator Sequence (3008,00F6) -/- 2C/2C (required if MPV is capable of verifying range modulators). See DD.3.2.1.1.1.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) -/- 3/3
>>Range Modulator ID (300A,0346) -/- 3/3
>>Range Modulator Type (300A,0348) -/- 1/1
>>Beam Current Modulation ID (300A,034C) -/- 1C/1C (required if Range Modulator Type (300A,0348) is WHL_MODWEIGHTS)
>>Referenced Range Modulator Number (300C,0104) -/- 1/1
>Radiation Mass Number (300A,0302) -/- 1C/1C (required if Radiation Type (300A,00C6) is ION)
>Radiation Atomic Number (300A,0304) -/- 1C/1C (required if Radiation Type (300A,00C6) is ION)
>Radiation Charge State (300A,0306) -/- 1C/1C (required if Radiation Type (300A,00C6) is ION)
>Scan Mode (300A,0308) -/- 1/1
>Number of Range Shifters (300A,0312) -/- 1/1
>Number of Lateral Spreading Devices (300A,0330) -/- 1/1
>Number of Range Modulators (300A,0340) -/- 1/1
>Patient Support Type (300A,0350) -/- 3/3
>Patient Support ID (300A,0352) -/- 3/3
>Patient Support Accessory Code (300A,0354) -/- 3/3
>Fixation Light Azimuthal Angle (300A,0356) -/- 3/3
>Fixation Light Polar Angle (300A,0358) -/- 3/3
All other attributes in RT Ion Machine Verification Module - -/- 3/3

DD.3.2.1.1.1 Beam Modifiers

If the MPV is not capable of performing the type of verification required by the attribute, then the attribute shall not be present. If the MPV is capable of performing the type of verification required by the attribute, then the attribute will be zero length if there are no such modifiers, and valued with one or more items if there are one or more such modifiers.

DD.3.2.1.2 Status

The status values for N-CREATE which are specific for these SOP Classes are defined as follows:

Table DD.3.2.1.2-1

RT ION MACHINE VERIFICATION SOP CLASS N-CREATE STATUS VALUES

Status Meaning Code
Success Machine Verification successfully created 0000
Failure No such object instance – Referenced RT Plan not found C227
The Referenced Fraction Group Number does not exist in the referenced plan C221
No beams exist within the referenced fraction group C222
SCU already verifying and cannot currently process this request. C223

The status values for N-SET which are specific for these SOP Classes are defined as follows:

Table DD.3.2.1.2-2

RT ION MACHINE VERIFICATION SOP CLASS N-SET STATUS VALUES

Status Meaning Code
Success Machine Verification successfully updated 0000
Failure Referenced Beam Number not found within the referenced Fraction Group C224
Referenced device or accessory not supported C225
Referenced device or accessory not found within the referenced beam C226

DD.3.2.1.3 Behavior

DD.3.2.1.3.1 N-CREATE

The SCU uses N-CREATE to request the SCP to create an applicable Machine Verification SOP Instance. The SCP shall create the SOP Instance and shall initialize Attributes of the SOP Class.

The General Machine Verification Sequence, Conventional Machine Verification Sequence, and Ion Machine Verification Sequence are created with an empty value, and specification of the contained attributes is deferred until the N-SET operation.

The SCP shall return the status code of the requested SOP Instance creation. The meaning of success, warning and failure status codes is defined in Section DD.3.2.1.2.

DD.3.2.1.3.2 N-SET

The SCU uses the N-SET to request the SCP to update an applicable Machine Verification instance. The SCU shall specify the SOP Instance to be updated and shall specify the list of attributes for which the Attribute Values are to be set. The attributes in the Conventional/Ion Control Point Verification Sequence represent the Treatment Delivery System’s actual geometric values at the time the N-SET request is issued and therefore, the Conventional/Ion Control Point Verification Sequence shall always contain one sequence item. The Referenced Control Point Index shall be zero for NORMAL treatments, and may be greater than zero for CONTINUATION treatments.

Within an attribute sequence such as the General Machine Verification Sequence, Conventional Machine Verification Sequence, and Ion Machine Verification Sequence, values for all required attributes must be supplied with each N-SET, or else the missing attributes will have any previously set values removed from the SOP Instance. Existing parameters may be cleared by sending an empty sequence or attribute. The MPV’s Conformance Statement shall specify the set of attributes that it requires for verification.

The SCU shall set the new values for the specified Attributes of the specified SOP Instance. The SCP shall then compare the values of Attributes of the specified SOP Instance to the values of the same Attributes found in the RT Plan referenced in N-CREATE. Values shall be compared using the tolerance values also found in the referenced RT Plan. The result of this comparison shall be available for use when the SCU requests the Treatment Verification Status using an N-GET.