C.31 RADIOTHERAPY WORKFLOW MODULES

C.31.1 RT General Machine Verification Module

Table C.31-1 specifies the attributes used to convey the parameters used in external verification of both conventional radiotherapy (photon or electron) and ion treatment deliveries.

Table C.31-1

RT GENERAL MACHINE VERIFICATION MODULE ATTRIBUTES

Attribute Name Tag Description
Referenced RT Plan Sequence (300C,0002) A reference to an RT Plan SOP Class/Instance pair. Only a single item shall be included in this sequence.
>Include 'SOP Instance Reference Macro' Table C.10-11
Referenced Fraction Group Number (300C,0022) Identifier of Fraction Group within referenced RT Plan.
Patient ID (0010,0020) Primary hospital identification number or code for the patient.
Include Issuer of Patient ID Macro Table 10-18
Treatment Verification Status (3008,002C) Conditions under which treatment was verified by a verification system. Enumerated Values: VERIFIED = treatment verified VERIFIED_OVR = treatment verified with at least one out-of-range value overridden NOT_VERIFIED = treatment failed verification (one or more values out of range and not overridden)
Failed Parameters Sequence (0074,1048) List of parameters that failed verification by the MPV. Zero or more items shall be included in this Sequence. See C.31.1.1.
>Include Selector Attribute Macro’ Table 10.20
Overridden Parameters Sequence (0074,104A) List of parameters that were overridden by the user. Zero or more items shall be included in this Sequence. See C.31.1.1.
> Include Selector Attribute Macro’ Table 10.20
>Operators’ Name (0008,1070) Name of operator who authorized override of overridden parameter.
>Override Reason (3008,0066) User-defined description of reason for override of overridden parameter.
General Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1042) Sequence containing general machine verification parameters. Zero or one Item shall be included in this sequence.
>Specified Primary Meterset (3008,0032) Desired machine setting of primary meterset. The units shall match those specified by Primary Dosimeter Unit (300A,00B3) in the plan specified in the Referenced RT Plan Sequence (300C,0002).
>Specified Secondary Meterset (3008,0033) Desired machine setting of secondary meterset. The units shall match those specified for Specified Secondary Meterset (3008,0033) in the plan specified in the Referenced RT Plan Sequence (300C,0002).
>Specified Treatment Time (3008,003A) Treatment Time set in seconds.
>Beam Limiting Device Leaf Pairs Sequence (3008,00A0) Beam limiting device (collimator) jaw or leaf (element) leaf pair values. One or more items shall be included in this Sequence.
>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) Type of beam limiting device (collimator). Enumerated Values: X = symmetric jaw pair in IEC X direction Y = symmetric jaw pair in IEC Y direction ASYMX = asymmetric jaw pair in IEC X direction ASYMY = asymmetric pair in IEC Y direction MLCX = multileaf (multi-element) jaw pair in IEC X direction MLCY = multileaf (multi-element) jaw pair in IEC Y direction
>>Number of Leaf/Jaw Pairs (300A,00BC) Number of leaf (element) or jaw pairs (equal to 1 for standard beam limiting device jaws).
>Recorded Wedge Sequence (3008,00B0) Treatment wedges present during delivered Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Wedge Number (300A,00D2) Identification number of the Wedge. The value of Wedge Number (300A,00D2) shall be unique within the wedge sequence.
>>Wedge ID (300A,00D4) User-supplied identifier for wedge.
>>Wedge Angle (300A,00D5) Nominal wedge angle delivered in degrees.
>>Wedge Orientation (300A,00D8) Orientation of wedge, i.e. orientation of the IEC WEDGE FILTER coordinate system with respect to the IEC BEAM LIMITING DEVICE coordinate system, in degrees.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An identifier for the accessory intended to be read by a device such as a bar-code reader.
>Recorded Compensator Sequence (3008,00C0) Treatment compensators associated with current Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Compensator ID (300A,00E5) User-supplied identifier for compensator.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An identifier for the accessory intended to be read by a device such as a bar-code reader.
>>Referenced Compensator Number (300C,00D0) Uniquely identifies compensator specified by Compensator Number (300A,00E4) within Beam referenced by Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006).
>Recorded Block Sequence (3008,00D0) Blocks associated with current Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Block Tray ID (300A,00F5) User-supplied identifier for block tray or Electron Insert.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An identifier for the accessory intended to be read by a device such as a bar-code reader.
>>Referenced Block Number (300C,00E0) Uniquely identifies block specified by Block Number (300A,00FC) within Beam referenced by Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006).
>Treatment Machine Name (300A,00B2) User-defined name identifying treatment machine to be used for beam delivery. See C.8.8.25.2.
>Beam Name (300A,00C2) User-defined name for Beam.
>Radiation Type (300A,00C6) Particle type of Beam. Defined Terms: PHOTON ELECTRON NEUTRON PROTON ION
>Number of Wedges (300A,00D0) Number of wedges associated with current Beam.
>Number of Compensators (300A,00E0) Number of compensators associated with current Beam.
>Number of Boli (300A,00ED) Number of boli used with current Beam.
>Number of Blocks (300A,00F0) Number of shielding blocks or Electron Inserts associated with Beam.
>Applicator Sequence (300A,0107) Applicators associated with Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An identifier for the accessory intended to be read by a device such as a bar-code reader.
>>Applicator ID (300A,0108) User or machine supplied identifier for Applicator.
>>Applicator Type (300A,0109) Type of Applicator. Defined Terms: ELECTRON_SQUARE = square electron applicator ELECTRON_RECT = rectangular electron applicator ELECTRON_CIRC = circular electron applicator ELECTRON_SHORT = short electron applicator ELECTRON_OPEN = open (dummy) electron applicator INTRAOPERATIVE = intraoperative (custom) applicator STEREOTACTIC = stereotactic applicator
>Number of Control Points (300A,0110) Number of control points in Beam.
>Patient Setup Sequence (300A,0180) Patient setup data for current plan. One or more Items are permitted in this sequence.
>>Patient Setup Number (300A,0182) Identification number of the Patient Setup.
>>Fixation Device Sequence (300A,0190) Fixation Devices used in Patient Setup. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An identifier for the accessory intended to be read by a device such as a bar-code reader.
>>>Fixation Device Type (300A,0192) Type of Fixation Device used during Patient Setup. Defined Terms: BITEBLOCK HEADFRAME MASK MOLD CAST HEADREST BREAST_BOARD BODY_FRAME VACUUM_MOLD WHOLE_BODY_POD RECTAL_BALLOON
>Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006) References Beam specified by Beam Number (300A,00C0) in Ion Beam Sequence (300A,03A2) in RT Ion Beams Module within the referenced RT Ion Plan.
>Referenced Bolus Sequence (300C,00B0) Boli associated with Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Referenced ROI Number (3006,0084) Uniquely identifies ROI representing the Bolus specified by ROI Number (3006,0022) in Structure Set ROI Sequence (3006,0020) in Structure Set Module within RT Structure Set in Referenced Structure Set Sequence (300C,0060) in RT General Plan Module.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An accessory identifier to be read by a device such as a bar code reader.

C.31.1.1 Failed Parameters and Overridden Parameters

Each Verify Failed Parameter or Overridden Parameter is used to specify a verification attribute that was either unverified (out of range), or overridden explicitly by the user. To uniquely identify both the context and value item of the attribute occurrence, a special notation is used, described in Section 10.17.

If a Verify Failed Parameter or Overridden Parameter refers to an attribute occurrence within a Control Point Sequence, then that attribute occurrence was failed or overridden during the administration of the beam segment immediately prior to the specified control point.

C.31.2 RT Conventional Machine Verification Module

Table C.31-2 specifies the attributes used to convey the parameters used in external verification of a conventional radiotherapy (photon or electron) treatment delivery.

Table C.31-2

RT CONVENTIONAL MACHINE VERIFICATION MODULE ATTRIBUTES

Attribute Name Tag Description
Conventional Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1044) Sequence containing conventional machine verification parameters. Zero or one Item shall be included in this sequence.
>Conventional Control Point Verification Sequence (0074,104C) Beam control points for current treatment beam. Only a single Item shall be included in this sequence.
>>Nominal Beam Energy (300A,0114) Nominal Beam Energy at control point.
>>Dose Rate Set (300A,0115) Dose Rate to be set on treatment machine for segment beginning at current control point (e.g. MU/min).
>>Wedge Position Sequence (300A,0116) Wedge Positions for the current control point. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence. See C.8.8.14.5.
>>>Wedge Position (300A,0118) Position of Wedge at current Control Point. Enumerated Values: IN OUT
>>>Referenced Wedge Number (300C,00C0) Uniquely references Wedge described by Wedge Number (300A,00D2) in Wedge Sequence (300A,00D1).
>>Beam Limiting Device Position Sequence (300A,011A) Beam limiting device (collimator) jaw or leaf (element) positions. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) Type of beam limiting device (collimator). The value of this attribute shall correspond to RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) defined in an item of Beam Limiting Device Sequence (300A,00B6) Enumerated Values: X = symmetric jaw pair in IEC X direction Y = symmetric jaw pair in IEC Y direction ASYMX = asymmetric jaw pair in IEC X direction ASYMY = asymmetric pair in IEC Y direction MLCX = multileaf (multi-element) jaw pair in IEC X direction MLCY = multileaf (multi-element) jaw pair in IEC Y direction
>>>Leaf/Jaw Positions (300A,011C) Positions of beam limiting device (collimator) leaf (element) or jaw pairs in mm in the IEC BEAM LIMITING DEVICE coordinate axis appropriate to RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8), e.g. X-axis for MLCX, Y-axis for MLCY. Contains 2N values, where N is the Number of Leaf/Jaw Pairs (300A,00BC) in Beam Limiting Device Sequence (300A,00B6). Values shall be listed in the IEC leaf (element) subscript order 101, 102, ... 1N, 201, 202, ... 2N.
>>Gantry Angle (300A,011E) Gantry angle in degrees of radiation source, i.e. orientation of the IEC GANTRY coordinate system with respect to the IEC FIXED REFERENCE coordinate system.
>>Gantry Rotation Direction (300A,011F) Direction of Gantry Rotation when viewing gantry from isocenter, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Beam Limiting Device Angle (300A,0120) Beam Limiting Device angle in degrees, i.e. orientation of the IEC BEAM LIMITING DEVICE coordinate system with respect to the IEC GANTRY coordinate system.
>>Beam Limiting Device Rotation Direction (300A,0121) Direction of Beam Limiting Device Rotation when viewing beam limiting device (collimator) from radiation source, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Patient Support Angle (300A,0122) Patient Support angle in degrees, i.e. orientation of the IEC PATIENT SUPPORT (turntable) coordinate system with respect to the IEC FIXED REFERENCE coordinate system.
>>Patient Support Rotation Direction (300A,0123) Direction of Patient Support Rotation when viewing table from above, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Table Top Eccentric Axis Distance (300A,0124) Distance (positive) in mm from the IEC PATIENT SUPPORT vertical axis to the IEC TABLE TOP ECCENTRIC vertical axis.
>>Table Top Eccentric Angle (300A,0125) Table Top (non-isocentric) angle, i.e. orientation of the IEC TABLE TOP ECCENTRIC coordinate system with respect to the IEC PATIENT SUPPORT coordinate system, in degrees.
>>Table Top Eccentric Rotation Direction (300A,0126) Direction of Table Top Eccentric Rotation when viewing table from above, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Table Top Vertical Position (300A,0128) Table Top Vertical position in mm in the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.14.6.
>>Table Top Longitudinal Position (300A,0129) Table Top Longitudinal position in mm in the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.14.6.
>>Table Top Lateral Position (300A,012A) Table Top Lateral position in mm in the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.14.6.
>>Table Top Pitch Angle (300A,0140) Table Top Pitch Angle in degrees, i.e. the rotation of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system about the X-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.25.6.2.
>>Table Top Pitch Rotation Direction (300A,0142) Direction of Table Top Pitch Rotation when viewing the table along the positive X-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8 and C.8.8.25.6.2. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Table Top Roll Angle (300A,0144) Table Top Roll Angle in degrees, i.e. the rotation of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system about the Y-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.25.6.2.
>>Table Top Roll Rotation Direction (300A,0146) Direction of Table Top Roll Rotation when viewing the table along the positive Y-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8 and C.8.8.25.6.2. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation.
>>Referenced Control Point Index (300C,00F0) Uniquely identifies Control Point specified by Control Point Index (300A,0112) within the Beam referenced by Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006).

C.31.3 RT Ion Machine Verification Module

Table C.31-3 specifies the Attributes used to convey the parameters used in external verification of a radiotherapy ion treatment delivery.

Table C.31-3

RT ION MACHINE VERIFICATION MODULE ATTRIBUTES

Attribute Name Tag Description
Ion Machine Verification Sequence (0074,1046) Sequence containing ion machine verification parameters. Zero or one Item shall be included in this sequence.
>Ion Control Point Verification Sequence (0074,104E) Beam control points for current ion treatment beam. Only a single Item shall be included in this sequence.
>>Meterset Rate Set (3008,0045) The specified speed of delivery of the specified dose in units specified by Primary Dosimeter Unit (300A,00B3) in referenced RT Plan per minute.
>>Nominal Beam Energy (300A,0114) Nominal Beam Energy at control point.
>>Beam Limiting Device Position Sequence (300A,011A) Beam limiting device (collimator) jaw or leaf (element) positions. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) Type of beam limiting device (collimator). The value of this attribute shall correspond to RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8) defined in an item of Beam Limiting Device Sequence (300A,00B6) Enumerated Values: X = symmetric jaw pair in IEC X direction Y = symmetric jaw pair in IEC Y direction ASYMX = asymmetric jaw pair in IEC X direction ASYMY = asymmetric pair in IEC Y direction MLCX = multileaf (multi-element) jaw pair in IEC X direction MLCY = multileaf (multi-element) jaw pair in IEC Y direction
>>>Leaf/Jaw Positions (300A,011C) Positions of beam limiting device (collimator) leaf (element) or jaw pairs in mm in the IEC BEAM LIMITING DEVICE coordinate axis appropriate to RT Beam Limiting Device Type (300A,00B8), e.g. X-axis for MLCX, Y-axis for MLCY. Contains 2N values, where N is the Number of Leaf/Jaw Pairs (300A,00BC) in Beam Limiting Device Sequence (300A,00B6). Values shall be listed in the IEC leaf (element) subscript order 101, 102, ... 1N, 201, 202, ... 2N.
>>Gantry Angle (300A,011E) Gantry angle of radiation source in degrees, i.e. orientation of the IEC GANTRY coordinate system with respect to the IEC FIXED REFERENCE coordinate system.
>>Gantry Rotation Direction (300A,011F) Direction of Gantry Rotation when viewing gantry from isocenter, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Beam Limiting Device Angle (300A,0120) Beam Limiting Device angle in degrees, i.e. orientation of the IEC BEAM LIMITING DEVICE coordinate system with respect to the IEC GANTRY coordinate system.
>>Beam Limiting Device Rotation Direction (300A,0121) Direction of Beam Limiting Device Rotation when viewing beam limiting device (collimator) from radiation source, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Patient Support Angle (300A,0122) Patient Support angle in degrees, i.e. orientation of the IEC PATIENT SUPPORT (turntable) coordinate system with respect to the IEC FIXED REFERENCE coordinate system.
>>Patient Support Rotation Direction (300A,0123) Direction of Patient Support Rotation when viewing table from above, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Table Top Vertical Position (300A,0128) Table Top Vertical position in mm in the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.14.6.
>>Table Top Longitudinal Position (300A,0129) Table Top Longitudinal position in mm in the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.14.6.
>>Table Top Lateral Position (300A,012A) Table Top Lateral position in mm in the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.14.6.
>>Table Top Pitch Angle (300A,0140) Table Top Pitch Angle in degrees, i.e. the rotation of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system about the X-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.25.6.2.
>>Table Top Pitch Rotation Direction (300A,0142) Direction of Table Top Pitch Rotation when viewing the table along the positive X-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8 and C.8.8.25.6.2. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Table Top Roll Angle (300A,0144) Table Top Roll Angle in degrees, i.e. the rotation of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system about the Y-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system. See C.8.8.25.6.2.
>>Table Top Roll Rotation Direction (300A,0146) Direction of Table Top Roll Rotation when viewing the table along the positive Y-axis of the IEC TABLE TOP coordinate system, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8 and C.8.8.25.6.2. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation.
>>Head Fixation Angle (300A,0148) Angle in degrees of the head fixation for eye treatments with respect to the Table Top Pitch Angle (300A,0140) coordinate system. Positive head fixation angle is the same direction as positive Table Top Pitch. See C.8.8.25.6.4.
>>Gantry Pitch Angle (300A,014A) Gantry Pitch Angle in degrees of the radiation source, i.e. the rotation of the IEC GANTRY coordinate system about the X-axis of the IEC GANTRY coordinate system. See C.8.8.25.6.5.
>>Gantry Pitch Rotation Direction (300A,014C) Direction of Gantry Pitch Angle when viewing along the positive X-axis of the IEC GANTRY coordinate system, for segment following Control Point. See C.8.8.14.8 and C.8.8.25.6.5. Enumerated Values: CW = clockwise CC = counter-clockwise NONE = no rotation
>>Snout Position (300A,030D) Axial position in mm of the snout, measured from isocenter to the downstream side of the snout (without consideration of variable length elements such as blocks, MLC and/or compensators).
>>Range Shifter Settings Sequence (300A,0360) Range Shifter settings for the current control point. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>Range Shifter Setting (300A,0362) Machine specific setting attribute for the range shifter. See C.8.8.25.5.
>>>Referenced Range Shifter Number (300C,0100) Uniquely references Range Shifter described by Range Shifter Number (300A,0316) in Range Shifter Sequence (300A,0314).
>>Lateral Spreading Device Settings Sequence (300A,0370) Lateral Spreading Device settings for the current control point. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>Lateral Spreading Device Setting (300A,0372) Machine specific setting attribute for the lateral spreading device. See C.8.8.25.5.
>>>Referenced Lateral Spreading Device Number (300C,0102) Uniquely references Lateral Spreading Device described by Lateral Spreading Device Number (300A,0334) in Lateral Spreading Device Sequence (300A,0332).
>>Range Modulator Settings Sequence (300A,0380) Range Modulator Settings for current control point. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>Range Modulator Gating Start Value (300A,0382) Start position, defining the range modulator position at which the beam is switched on.
>>>Range Modulator Gating Stop Value (300A,0384) Stop position, defining the range modulator position at which the beam is switched off.
>>>Referenced Range Modulator Number (300C,0104) Uniquely references Range Modulator described by Range Modulator Number (300A,0344) in Range Modulator Sequence (300A,0342).
>>Ion Wedge Position Sequence (300A,03AC) Wedge positions for current control point. One or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>>Wedge Thin Edge Position (300A,00DB) Closest distance in mm from the central axis of the beam along a wedge axis to the thin edge as projected to the machine isocentric plane. Value is positive is the wedge does not cover the central axis, negative if it does. See C.8.8.25.6.4.
>>>Wedge Position (300A,0118) Position of Wedge at current Control Point. Enumerated Values: IN OUT
>>Referenced Control Point Index (300C,00F0) Uniquely identifies Control Point specified by Control Point Index (300A,0112 within the Beam referenced by Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006).
>Recorded Snout Sequence (3008,00F0) Snouts associated with Beam. Only a single Item shall be included in this sequence.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An accessory identifier to be read by a device such as a bar code reader.
>>Snout ID (300A,030F) User or machine supplied identifier for Snout.
>Recorded Range Shifter Sequence (3008,00F2) Range shifters recorded with Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An accessory identifier to be read by a device such as a bar code reader.
>>Range Shifter ID (300A,0318) User or machine supplied identifier for Range Modulator.
>>Referenced Range Shifter Number (300C,0100) Uniquely identifies range shifter specified by Range Shifter Number (300A,0316) within Beam referenced by Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006).
>Recorded Lateral Spreading Device Sequence (3008,00F4) Lateral spreading devices associated with Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An accessory identifier to be read by a device such as a bar code reader.
>>Lateral Spreading Device ID (300A,0336) User or machine supplied identifier for Lateral Spreading Device.
>>Referenced Lateral Spreading Device Number (300C,0102) Uniquely identifies lateral spreading device specified by Lateral Spreading Device Number (300A,0334) within Beam referenced by Referenced Beam Number (300C,0006).
>Recorded Range Modulator Sequence (3008,00F6) Range modulators associated with Beam. Zero or more Items shall be included in this sequence.
>>Accessory Code (300A,00F9) An accessory identifier to be read by a device such as a bar code reader.
>>Range Modulator ID (300A,0346) User or machine supplied identifier for Range Modulator.
>>Range Modulator Type (300A,0348) Type of Range Modulator. See C.31.3.1 for Defined Terms.
>>Beam Current Modulation ID (300A,034C) User-supplied identifier for the beam current modulation pattern.
>>Referenced Range Modulator Number (300C,0104) Uniquely references Range Modulator described by Range Modulator Number (300A,0344) in Range Modulator Sequence (300A,0342).
>Radiation Mass Number (300A,0302) Mass number of radiation.
>Radiation Atomic Number (300A,0304) Atomic number of radiation.
>Radiation Charge State (300A,0306) Charge state of radiation.
>Scan Mode (300A,0308) The method of beam scanning to be used during treatment. Defined Terms: NONE = No beam scanning is performed. UNIFORM = The beam is scanned between control points to create a uniform lateral fluence distribution across the field. MODULATED = The beam is scanned between control points to create a modulated lateral fluence distribution across the field.
>Number of Range Shifters (300A,0312) Number of range shifters associated with current beam.
>Number of Lateral Spreading Devices (300A,0330) Number of lateral spreading devices associated with current beam.
>Number of Range Modulators (300A,0340) Number of range modulators associated with current beam.
>Patient Support Type (300A,0350) Defined terms: TABLE = Treatment delivery system table CHAIR = Treatment delivery system chair See C.8.8.25.6.3.
>Patient Support ID (300A,0352) User-specified identifier for manufacturer specific patient support devices.
>Patient Support Accessory Code (300A,0354) A Patient Support accessory identifier to be read by a device such as a bar code reader.
>Fixation Light Azimuthal Angle (300A,0356) Azimuthal angle in degrees of the fixation light coordinate around the IEC BEAM LIMITING DEVICE Y-axis. Used for eye treatments. See C.8.8.25.6.4.
>Fixation Light Polar Angle (300A,0358) Polar angle in degrees of the fixation light coordinate. Used for eye treatments. See C.8.8.25.6.4.

C.31.3.1 Range Modulator Type

Defined Terms for Range Modulator Type (300A,0348) are as follows:

FIXED = fixed modulation width and weights using ridge filter or constant speed wheel with constant beam current

WHL_FIXEDWEIGHTS = selected wheel/track (Range Modulator ID) is spinning at constant speed. Modulation width is adjusted by switching constant beam current on and off at wheel steps indicated by Range Modulator Interrupt Values

WHL_MODWEIGHTS = selected wheel/track (Range Modulator ID) is spinning at constant speed. Weight per wheel step is adjusted by modulating beam current according to selected Beam Current Modulation ID (300A,034C).