The VOI LUT module is required if the VOI LUT stage is not an identity transformation. Support for both window and LUT is mandatory. The output grayscale space is defined to be in P-Values.
Note: If the VOI LUT module is absent, then the stored pixel values are in P-Values.
In the Image Pixel Module, the following constraints apply:
- Samples per Pixel (0028,0002) shall be 1
- Photometric Interpretation (0028,0004) shall be MONOCHROME2
- Bits Allocated (0028,0100) shall be 8
- Bits Stored (0028,0101) shall be 8
- High Bit (0028,0102) shall be 7
- Pixel Representation (0028,0103) shall be 0
- Planar Configuration (0028,0006) shall not be present
The Overlay module shall not be present.