In the Image Pixel Module, the following constraints apply:
- Samples per Pixel (0028,0002) shall be 1
- Photometric Interpretation (0028,0004) shall be MONOCHROME2
- Bits Allocated (0028,0100) shall be 1
- Bits Stored (0028,0101) shall be 1
- High Bit (0028,0102) shall be 0
- Pixel Representation (0028,0103) shall be 0
- Planar Configuration (0028,0006) shall not be present
Note: As a consequence of these attribute values, single bit pixels are packed eight to a byte as defined by the encoding rules in PS 3.5.
The VOI LUT module shall not be present.
The Overlay module shall not be present.